Dear all,Before writing this I want to make three things very clear,
1) I am an elected convener of AAP Mira Bhaynder (Thane)
2) I never applied for any ticket from anywhere
3) MLA elections in Maharashtra are around in November, so best thing if I were a ticket monger, for me was to keep quiet and try my luck then.
I was a part of this movement since 16th Aug 2011,I have volunteered for the party in Mira Bhaynder, Allahabad and Mumbai, Delhi (during events). I had my serious doubts when this movement took a turn of a political party, I was right down the stage and a lot of the volunteers ,who by now have left the party were startled, when suddenly it was announced that we are ending the movement and starting the party. The so called people who talked about “Swaraj” did not ask any of us then. Later I came to know that, the Anshan was the last act of the whole movement drama, which was done to launch the mega party.
I wrote Arvindji a big letter, open letter to which he never replied. The letter is still there somewhere in social media on which I was promoting the movement. Against all my apprehensions and doubts kept working, as I never wanted to leave my local Mira Bhaynder team, which decided for the party. After all with them we managed to get meters in auto rickshaw in this region. One and a half years of being together as a family, watching over each other’s back does end up resulting in a strong emotional bond.
I stayed back thinking at least I will be able to do something locally for Mira Bhayander region along with my team.
Questions with the party:1) Is it right to talk about “Swaraj” and not take into account the feelings of local volunteer while deciding the candidates?
2) We talk about whistle blower’s bill , why when Santosh Koli said she was threatened, no NC was file on the threats? What has the party done in 49 days of power for her?
3) Is everyone who raises question on the party a ticket monger?
4) Did all the old people who were here in the Andolan wanted ticket so they entered the Andolan?
5) Why people like Jaspal Bhatti’s wife, who has done nothing other than marry the famous comedian given ticket? And Adarsh Shastri? Seriously just because you are grandson of Shastri ji you are entitled to a ticket?
6) What was the criterion of giving tickets?
7) Stone pelting at BJP office? Hitting the man who threw ink on Yogendra Yadav black and blue? Also the man was an old volunteer. Nothing has gone wrong??
8) Why no legal or any other type of help is given to volunteers (quoting my own cases)
a) In the matter of Kamla Nehru Hospital for which I worked along with my local team, I filed a PIL on my own, sought help from everyone but party never helped. I have already spent 15thousand from my pocket case is still going on in Allahabad high court.The matter was big ,the hospital was presided by Sonia Gandhi herself,but the party was never interested.
b) For a PIL against railway, for which we have worked for more than a year, I have got all the documents, party is not helping, we are just trying to run the office. And I for my own cannot spend again for PIL.
9) Why was this party formed? Why no mention of Swaraj anymore in the speeches of leaders? Why only Modi and Ambani? We all know they are thieves, they are old thieves and now AAP is bringing new thieves.
10) Does anyone leader even remember now about ‘Mohalla Sabhas’ or ‘Swaraj’?
11) Had it been some Congress leader who would have lead a violent protest against AAP party office , Arvindji would have sat on dharna gainst him … why no action on Ashutosh?
12) Most of the high profile contestants had already declared that they will be contesting from particular seats, including Anjali Damani and Kumar Vishwaas. Then why a drama of getting nominations from those seats was done?
13) Two years before a particular candidate was nominated from Phulpur, AAP Allahabad team went to delhi to tell how her husband was manipulating the local team to get her a ticket. They were not heard, 100s of mails were written by candidates but the same woman got the ticket?
I will continue to work for social issues, in my own capacity, but Arvind ji has made it clear that he won’t entertain any questions regarding candidate selection or anything else on the matter, tried contacting some old people who are still with the party. They too expressed their inability to do anything.
We are cheating people, they are donating to us thinking that their children will see a better future tomorrow but some mean people are manipulating things from inside. While some really good people like Sanjiv Sane, Medha tai and Maruti Bhapkar were given ticket, most of the contestants are not the one you would ever see as your representative.
I would request people who are still supporting the party see the resume of the people who are being given the tickets, everything will be clear to you then.
Its ok for everyone to call me all sort of things, I know Modi is a chor, Rahul is a chor and same people are running the show from both sides, but I don’t believe that putting new garbage will ever clean the system. I am apologizing to my team that I am leaving in the middle of the journey, but I think the train I boarded switched tracks, its not leading to my destination anymore.
I am happy I was a part of it, met some amazing people, did some good work that will make me happy but at the end of the day I know I will have to answer to myself.
Kindly accept it as my resignation as convener
AAP Mira Bhaynder (Thane)