Where the rest of the world has no clue on how to manage the growing menace of terrorism spreading under Islam - Japan has had the wisdom to keep Islam at bay. And they're completely unapologietic about it - the political correctness that blinds the rest of the world doesn't effect them at all. Here's 18 facts on how Japan has always kept Islam and it's followers at an arm's length,
- Japan is the only nation that does not give citizenship to Muslims.
- In Japan permanent residency is not given to Muslims.
- There is a strong ban on the propagation of Islam in Japan.
- In the University of Japan , Arabic or any Islamic language is not taught.
- One cannot import a ‘Koran’ published in the Arabic language.
- According to data published by the Japanese government, it has given temporary residency to only 2 lakhs, Muslims, who must follow the Japanese Law of the Land. These Muslims should speak Japanese and carry their religious rituals in their homes.
- Japan is the only country in the world that has a negligible number of embassies in Islamic countries.
- Japanese people are not attracted to Islam at all.
- Muslims residing in Japan are the employees of foreign companies.
- Even today, visas are not granted to Muslim doctors, engineers or managers sent by foreign companies.
- In the majority of companies it is stated in their regulations that no Muslims should apply for a job.
- The Japanese government is of the opinion that Muslims are fundamentalist and even in the era of globalization they are not willing to change their Muslim laws.
- Muslims cannot even think about renting a house in Japan .
- If anyone comes to know that his neighbour is a Muslim then the whole neighbourhood stays alert.
- No one can start an Islamic cell or Arabic ‘Madrasa’ in Japan.
- There is no Sharia law in Japan.
- If a Japanese woman marries a Muslim then she is considered an outcast forever.
- According to Mr. Kumiko Yagi, Professor of Arab/Islamic Studies at Tokyo University of Foreign Studies , “There is a mind frame in Japan that Islam is a very narrow minded religion and one should stay away from it.”
All this may sound somewhat discriminatory from the western democratic point of view - however, Japan is of the view that preventing Islam (which is anti-democratic to it's very core) from flourishing on their land is the very part of protecting the democratic future of the country. And this approach so far has worked for the Japanese. Compared to the rest of the world, they don't really have the Islam problem.